Health Economics Manager
Application deadline: 31 October 2019
Location: London, UK
Symmetron is a health economics and outcomes research consultancy with over a decade of experience and successful commercial activity in developing evidence generation and synthesis, decision-analytic modelling and statistical analysis in economic evaluations. Symmetron is made up of a team of enthusiastic healthcare researchers based in the UK, Canada and South Africa. We promote a culture of creativity, independent thinking, team-work and scientific excellence. Our experience involves the design, development and communication of solutions for major pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers, both at a global and regional level.
We are looking for an exceptional health economics manager to join our Health Economics team and lead on the strategic and project management of our high-quality economic models for health technology assessment. The candidate will lead and offer support to junior staff in all aspects of health economic research, performing clinical and economic evidence review, synthesis of inputs, model development and communication. This is an opportunity for a driven, enthusiastic individual with broad technical knowledge and a keen interest in taking on a management role within an HEOR consultancy.
Our company offers a very competitive base salary, access into a bonus scheme and excellent benefits.
- Provide leadership and project management on health economics modelling projects across a wide range of therapeutic areas
- Lead, co-ordinate and supervise junior staff as head of the Health Economics team and/or as project manager
- Provide technical expertise and develop conceptual frameworks that guide the analysis and internal methodological standards in economic modelling projects
- Conduct or oversee cost-effectiveness models, budget impact models, local adaptations, burden of illness etc, in collaboration with fellow technical analysts
- Be responsible for the development of study reports, manuscripts and conference presentations
- Recognise or generate opportunities for further training of the staff or development of the business
- Provide support or leadership on business development activities, including work on proposals for new projects
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
Essential requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in health economics research, ideally within academia, consulting or the pharmaceutical sector
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Health Economics, Health Technology Assessment, Medical Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, Econometrics)
- Demonstrated knowledge of health technology assessment and management of UK/EU5 submission dossiers
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Good medical writing skills (putting together presentations, reports, dossiers, manuscripts)
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, along with the ability to maintain a high quality of the deliverables given competing demands and changing deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High self-motivation, can-do attitude, optimistic outlook and leadership ability
Desirable skills and experience
- Knowledge and understanding of indirect treatment comparison and network meta-analysis methods
- Knowledge and understanding of systematic literature review and evidence synthesis methodology
- Project management experience
- Business development experience
- Line management experience
• For further information, please contact Silvana Zeolla via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must provide a complete CV and an accompanying cover letter. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a face-to-face interview in November.
- This is a permanent, full-time position based in our office in central London.
- The government currently enforces restrictions on granting citizens that are not from the European Economic Area (EEA) the right to work in the UK. All non-EEA citizens are requested to specify in their application whether they have the right to work in the UK.
- Note that international travel may be required to meet and liaise with clients.
- No agencies please.