Health Outcomes / Systematic review Manager
Application deadline: 31 October 2019
Location: London, UK
Symmetron is a health economics and outcomes research consultancy with over a decade of experience and successful commercial activity in developing evidence generation and synthesis, decision-analytic modelling and statistical analysis in economic evaluations. Symmetron is made up of a team of enthusiastic healthcare researchers based in the UK, Canada and South Africa. We promote a culture of creativity, independent thinking, team-work and scientific excellence. Our experience involves the design, development and communication of solutions for major pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers, both at a global and regional level.
We are looking for an exceptional health outcomes manager to join our Health Outcomes team and lead on the strategic and project management of our systematic review and evidence synthesis activities. This is an opportunity for a driven, enthusiastic individual with broad technical knowledge and a keen interest in taking on a management role within an HEOR consultancy.
Our company offers a very competitive base salary, access into a bonus scheme and excellent benefits.
- Provide leadership and project management on systematic reviews and outcomes research projects across a wide range of therapeutic areas
- Lead, co-ordinate and supervise junior staff as head of the Health Outcomes team and/or as project manager
- Provide technical expertise in systematic reviews and evidence synthesis
- Develops conceptual frameworks that guide analysis and internal methodological and reporting standards for projects
- Conduct or oversee study analyses, including meta-analysis and other evidence synthesis in collaboration with fellow technical analysts or statistician
- Be responsible for the development of study reports, manuscripts and conference presentations
- Recognise or generate opportunities for further training of the staff or development of the business
- Provide support or leadership on business development activities, including work on proposals for new projects
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
Essential requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in health outcomes research, ideally within academia, consulting or the pharmaceutical sector
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Systematic Reviews, Health Policy, Health Technology Assessment)
- Excellent technical expertise in systematic review and evidence synthesis methodology
- Demonstrated knowledge of health technology assessment
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Good medical writing skills (putting together presentations, reports, dossiers, manuscripts)
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, along with the ability to maintain a high quality of the deliverables given competing demands and changing deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High self-motivation, can-do attitude, optimistic outlook and leadership ability
- Competence in using analytical software (e.g. Excel, WinBUGS, Stata, RevMan etc.) to undertake data analysis and/or synthesis
- Line management experience
Desirable skills and experience
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of indirect treatment comparison and network meta-analysis methods
- Business development experience
• For further information, please contact Silvana Zeolla via: email@example.com
- Applicants must provide a complete CV and an accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a face-to-face interview in November.
- This is a permanent, full-time position based in our office in central London.
- The government currently enforces restrictions on granting citizens that are not from the European Economic Area (EEA) the right to work in the UK. All non-EEA citizens are requested to specify in their application whether they have a right to work in the UK in the near to long term. Please note that Symmetron is not in a position to offer Tier 2 sponsorships.
- Note that occasional international travel may be required to meet and liaise with clients.
- No agencies