HEOR Project Manager (6 months fixed-term contract)
Application deadline: 6 March 2019
Symmetron is a health economics and outcomes research consultancy with over a decade of experience and successful commercial activity in developing evidence generation and synthesis, decision-analytic modelling, and statistical analysis in economic evaluations. Symmetron is made up of a team of enthusiastic healthcare researchers based in the UK, Canada and South Africa. We promote a culture of creativity, independent thinking, teamwork, and scientific excellence. Our experience involves the design, development, and communication of solutions for major pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers, both at a global and regional level.
To support growing demand and company expansion, we are looking for an exceptional senior-level Project Manager in HEOR to assist our team’s plans and commitments. This position is on a contract basis, for a minimum period of 6 months with the possibility for extension.
The successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day project management and client support across a wide range of therapeutic areas and interventions. The candidate will be responsible for supervising and delegating tasks to junior HEOR staff. The candidate is expected to deliver work to the highest standards and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Provide internal and external day-to-day client support and project management (HTA submissions, economic modelling, evidence review and synthesis)
- Monitor and identify any potential evidence gaps or changes in client requirements during the project duration
- Lead or offer support in business development (e.g. develop project proposals)
- Lead, co-ordinate and supervise junior HEOR staff
- Manage procurement, invoices, project budgets and timelines
- Interact with clients on a regular basis and provide project status updates, compile agenda items, co-ordinate minutes writing and follow up with clients
Essential requirements and qualifications
- At least 3-4 years prior experience in project management, ideally with input on design related to health economic modelling projects and evidence review and synthesis
- Excellent knowledge of NICE/SMC requirements
- Good medical writing skills (putting together presentations, reports, dossiers, manuscripts)
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, along with the ability to maintain a high quality of the deliverables given competing demands and changing deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a small team
- High self-motivation, can-do attitude, optimistic outlook and leadership potential
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office tools
Desirable skills and experience
- Postgraduate qualification (e.g. Health Economics, Health Policy, Health Technology Assessment)
- Experience, knowledge or involvement in conducting evidence synthesis (e.g. network meta-analyses) and survival analyses
- Experience, knowledge or involvement in developing and running literature reviews from inception to completion
- Experience, knowledge or involvement of health economic modelling (e.g. the application of Markov modelling, individual patient simulation, and budget impact modelling)
- Previous business development experience
• For further information, please contact Silvana Zeolla via: email@example.com
- Applicants must provide a complete CV and an accompanying cover letter. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a face-to-face interview in February and early March.
- This is a fixed-term, full-time position for our office in central London; part-time, home-based applicants will be considered.
- The government currently enforces restrictions on granting citizens that are not from the European Economic Area (EEA) the right to work in the UK. All non-EEA citizens are requested to specify in their application whether they have the right to work in the UK.
- Note that international travel may be required to meet and liaise with clients.
- No agencies