Location: London, UK
Application deadline: 10th August 2020 (applications considered on a rolling basis)
Symmetron is a Health Economics and Outcomes Research consultancy with over a decade of experience and successful commercial activity in developing evidence generation and synthesis, decision-analytic modelling and statistical analysis in economic evaluations. We are made up of a team of enthusiastic healthcare researchers based in the UK and South Africa. We promote a culture of creativity, independent thinking, team-work and scientific excellence. Our experience involves the design, development and communication of solutions for major pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers, both at a global and regional level.
To support growing demand, we are looking for an exceptional Statistician to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing statistical and analytical expertise, devising statistical analysis plans and performing data analysis. The candidate will be responsible for delivering high-quality statistical work that will vary from basic statistical analysis of individual patient data and regression analysis to survival analysis and Bayesian network meta-analysis across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
In return we offer a generous base salary, access into a bonus scheme, training opportunities, excellent benefits and a stimulating and rewarding environment.
- Conduct statistical analyses developed either as independent projects or feeding into economic models or health technology assessment submissions (e.g. NICE or SMC submissions)
- Work with HEOR colleagues to scope new projects, develop statistical analysis plans and new methods relevant to our work
- Ensure quality control of all statistical deliverables
- Interact with clients on a regular basis and present methods and results at client meetings
- Liaise with external statisticians, programmers and methodologists to communicate work plans and to validate methodological approaches
- Train and mentor colleagues on statistical processes and software
- Prepare presentations and study reports related to statistical analyses methodology and results
Essential requirements and qualifications
- Postgraduate degree in statistics or a related field and 1-2 years relevant experience as a statistician in a commercial or academic setting
- Experience with at least one statistical software (e.g. WinBUGS, SAS, STATA, R)
- A willingness to trial, explore or recommend new software that may suit specific projects
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, along with the ability to maintain a high quality of the deliverables given competing demands and changing deadlines
- Oral and written communication skills and the ability to explain complex statistical methodology and results to a non-expert audience
- The ability to work effectively as part of a small team or independently
- High self-motivation, can-do attitude, optimistic outlook and leadership potential
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience in conducting Bayesian network meta-analyses and survival analyses from inception to reporting phase
- Experience in and/or knowledge of HTA processes
- Experience in and/or knowledge of clinical processes or trials
- Send your full CV to Silvana Zeolla via:email@example.com
- An accompanying Cover Letter outlining your key skills, ambitions and current motivations behind your approach could greatly enhance your application.
- More information about Symmetron and the role is available at https://symmetron.net/
- This is a permanent, full-time position based in our offices in Central London
- Applications are encouraged from citizens within the European Economic Area (EEA) and non-EEA citizens who have the ‘Right to Work’ in the UK