Location: London, UK
Application deadline: 22nd August 2020
Symmetron is a health economics and outcomes research consultancy with over a decade of experience in evidence generation, decision-analytic modelling and statistical analysis in economic evaluations. We are made up of a team of enthusiastic healthcare researchers based in the UK and South Africa. Our experience involves the design, development and communication of solutions for major pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers, both at a global and regional level. We promote a culture of creativity, independent thinking, team-work and scientific excellence.
To support growing demand, we are looking for a Project Assistant to join the team. This is an opportunity for a driven, enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in gaining skills and understanding in project management and producing deliverables for health technology assessment.
Candidates with some prior experience of systematic reviews, health economic modelling or project management, as well as those wanting to start a career in this area, will be considered for the post. The successful candidate will receive on-the-job training from our senior researchers, whilst working on a range of projects. There will also be opportunities for external training.
From the project assistant post there may be the opportunity to progress to a research or support service role in many of Symmetron’s work streams including (but not limited to):
- Health outcomes: this team identify, analyse and interpret evidence to understand the value of new medical technologies. The work focuses on the delivery of high-quality systematic reviews of clinical and health economic evidence, key aspects of health technology assessment.
- Health economics: this team carries out decision analytical modelling to explore the cost-effectiveness of new medical technologies. The work focuses on utilising the best available clinical evidence and economic inputs to carry out high quality cost-effectiveness models and help clients achieve market access for their products.
- Project management: to build strong client relationships and produce high-quality deliverables it is necessary to efficiently manage projects. The project management team’s duties include monitoring resources, budget, and team capacity, organising within-team activities and reviewing agreements with external parties.
Our company offers a very competitive base salary, access to a bonus scheme and excellent benefits.
- Procure publications for literature reviews
- Help with some of the duties associated with literature reviews such as screening abstracts
- Help with some of the duties associated with cost-effectiveness analyses such as targeted reviews to identify model inputs and requirements of reimbursement bodies
- Assist in the preparation of relevant draft manuscripts, posters and other publications
- Review key deliverables to ensure consistency and correctness in terms of grammar and formatting
- Review and update internal policy documents
- Assist in reviewing team capacity and assessing project resources
- Help organise internal activities such as team training and social activities
- Help with administrative activities related to client meetings
Essential requirements and qualifications
- Undergraduate degree which involved data analysis and synthesis alongside technical writing
- A genuine interest in health economics and health outcomes research
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to proofread large documents quickly and effectively and to spot minor errors in grammar and formatting
- Excellent communication skills to effectively engage with a wide-ranging audience, both orally and in writing
- An organised and methodological approach to planning and delivering work
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop within the role
- The ability to work effectively as part of a small team
- Critical thinking, analytical skills and basic numeracy
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Desirable skills and experience
- Prior experience of project management and/or office management
- Prior experience of systematic reviews, medical writing and/or health economics
- Prior experience of data cleaning and managing large databases
- Experience using EndNote or another reference management software
- Send your full CV to Silvana Zeolla via: email@example.com
- An accompanying Cover Letter outlining your key skills, ambitions and current motivations behind your approach could greatly enhance your application
- This is a full-time position based in our offices in Central London
- Applications are encouraged from citizens within the European Economic Area (EEA) and non-EEA citizens who have the ‘Right to Work’ in the UK