Last updated: 26 February 2019
Our commitment to your privacy
Information we collect
Every time you access the Symmetron website, our servers automatically record when, how and what visitors are using the website. This information includes your internet protocol (IP) address, the date and time of your visit, hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, pages viewed, and the amount of time spent on each page. This information is collected in a way that cannot be used to personally identify you. We use this information to analyse trends in website traffic, ensure compatibility across different browsers and operating systems, and monitor for malicious activity.
Cookies and other digital markers
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer to help the web server ‘remember’ certain pieces of anonymous information. Each cookie is unique to your web browser and can’t be read by any other website. Specifically, we collect anonymous web statistics using a cloud tool called Google Analytics. This stores a few cookies on users’ computers or mobiles devices to tell us how many people have visited each web page, how they got there, and where they navigate from there. The data collected is completely anonymous and does not reveal any personal details. If you don’t want your web visits to be tracked for statistical purposes, you can set your computer to block cookies at any time. The way in which you do this depends upon the web browser you use. Go to www.aboutcookies.org to find out more.
We enforce a strict ‘Anti-Spam’ policy that means we do not intend to sell, rent, or otherwise give your email address to a third-party without your consent. In addition, Symmetron will not send you email that you have not agreed to receive. If you opt-in as a member of our mailing list, you may be contacted with announcements, news, portfolio additions, and new products or services.
With each marketing email sent, you have the option of ‘unsubscribing’ from our mailing list at any time, thereby disabling any further such email communication from being sent. If you wish to have specific communications with a member of the Symmetron staff, you will be required to provide specific information that will be routed to the appropriate contact within Symmetron.
We may make changes to this Website Policy
- We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
We may make changes to the Website
- We may update and change the Website from time to time – for example, to reflect changes to our products, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw the Website
- We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted or will be free from errors or admissions. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Website at any time.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of this Website Policy and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights of any nature and whether registered or not (including, without limitation, copyright, all rights in computer software database rights, trademarks, service marks, patents, design rights, registered designs and trade secrets) in any Materials (as defined below) and the design, layout, look and appearance of the Website and Materials belong to Symmetron Limited or its licensors and are Symmetron Limited’s confidential information. “Materials” means any material, products or content accessed on or through the Website, including, without limitation, data, databases, information, know-how, research, text, reports, records, results, analysis, predictions, models, plans, ideas, concepts, descriptions, notes, pictures, photographs, diagrams, artwork, designs, images, graphics, drawings, screenshots, charts, creative work, videos, sound recordings and audio-visual or multimedia material, and compilation or selection or arrangement or presentation of any of the foregoing (and any additions, enhancements, changes, alterations, modifications or amendments). Any rights not expressly granted in this notice or otherwise by Symmetron Limited are reserved.
- You must not use any part of the content on the Website without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the Website in breach of this Website Policy, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Do not rely on information on the Website
- The content on the Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action based on the content on the Website.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only provide the Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purposes. If you use the Website for any commercial or business purpose, other than as set out in Clause 10, we will have no liability (whether in contract, tort, negligence, misrepresentation, restitution or any legal basis for claim) to you for any: (a) indirect or consequential loss; (b) loss of profit; (c) loss of revenue; (d) loss of business; (e) loss of contracts; (f) business interruption;, (g) loss of business opportunity; (h) loss of use of money; (i) loss of anticipated savings; (j) loss of goodwill; (k) loss of reputation; (l) ex gratia payments; or (m) loss of operation time; whether or not those losses were reasonably foreseeable or we or our agents had been advised of the possibility of you incurring those losses.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of products to you, which will be set in a separate services agreement or statement of works.
- You shall use the Website only for lawful purposes. You shall not use the Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors or vulnerable people in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with this Website Policy.
To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains, or knowingly introduce viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Website;
- any equipment or network on which the Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We are not responsible for viruses
- We do not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
Rules about linking to the Website
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in this Website Policy.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
- Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
Suspension and termination
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on or through the Website, withdraw your right to use the Website (immediately and either on a temporary or permanent basis at our discretion), and/or, if you are a customer, cancel any confirmed or pending order which you have made with us in accordance with our services agreement or statement of works if, in our reasonable opinion, your contribution to the Website, or your use of the Website does not comply with this Website Policy.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
- Please note that this Website Policy is governed by English law. You and Symmetron both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction with the exception that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland, you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
Information about us
- The Website is operated by Symmetron Limited, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 6706234. Our registered office is at 37 Warren Street, London, W1T 6AD, England.
To contact us, please email us at email@example.com